Election Day is here! Find all the resources you need to cast your ballot with confidence. Key dates, deadlines and resources are featured here. Check back often for updates. For additional information and answers to your questions, contact LICIL @ 516-796-0144; ThereseA@licil.com.
EXTRA! EXTRA! Tomorrow is November 3, 2020 — Election Day! If you are voting in-person and experience problems at your poll site, contact the following for real-time guidance and assistance:
NYS OAG’s Election Protection Hotline: 1-800-771-7755 or email@example.com
Election Protection hotline: 1-866-OUR-VOTE (1-866-687-8683)
- English language hotline: 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683)
- Spanish language hotline: 888-VE-Y-VOTA (888-839-8682)
- Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Bengali, Hindi, Urdu and Tagalog hotline: 888-API-VOTE (888-274-8683)
- Arabic language hotline: 844-YALLA-US (844-925-5287)
- American Sign Language video call number: 301-818-VOTE (301-818-8683)
General Election: November 3, 2020
Early Voting: Oct 24, 2020 – Nov 1, 2020
Deadlines to Keep in Mind:
Online registration deadline: Friday, October 9, 2020
Mail-in registration deadline: Must be postmarked by Friday, October 9, 2020
In person registration deadline: Friday, October 9, 2020
Absentee Ballot Applications:
October 27: Last day to apply online, by email, fax or to postmark an application or letter of application by mail. (Please be warned that despite this deadline, the Post Office has advised they cannot guarantee timely delivery of ballots applied for less than 15 days before an election.)
November 2: Last day to apply IN-PERSON for absentee ballot:
November 3: Last day to postmark ballots. Must be received by the local board of elections no later than Nov. 10th. Military Voter Ballots must be received no later than Nov. 16th.
November 3: Last day to deliver ballot IN-PERSON to the local board of elections or to any poll site.
Facts About Voting by Absentee Ballot in November 2020:
Qualifications to Vote by Absentee Ballot (Deadlines)
- Absent from your county or, if a resident of New York City absent from the five boroughs, on Election Day.
- Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability (temporary illness includes being unable to appear due to risk of contracting or spreading a communicable disease like COVID-19).
- Unable to appear because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
- A resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
- Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.
NEW! Signed absentee ballots can be returned to drop boxes without a wait at over 300 locations statewide:
Drop it off at an early voting poll site between October 24th and November 1
Drop it off at a poll site on November 3 by 9 pm
Drop it off at your County Board of Elections Office starting September 8 until no later than November 3 by 9pm
Resources You Can Use:
Registration and Voting Options
New York State Voter Info: NYS Board of Elections
Nassau County Voter Info: Nassau County Board of Elections
UPDATED 9/28! Vote Early @ Early Voting Sites in Nassau County
Washington Post Guide: “How to Vote In New York”
NCIL Voter Planning Guide::
Get to Know the Candidates and Find Election Facts
When We All Vote
The Disability Vote
Disability Rights NY
For the latest dialogue on Disability Vote 2020, explore
Resources for Senior Citizens/Retirees
Voting Guide 2020: Issues That Matter to Seniors (RetireGuide)