ACCESSIBLE Mobile Mammography Van for Breast Cancer Screenings
Brought to you by the Long Island Center for Independent Living, Inc. (LICIL) and the Bell Law Group
GET A MAMMOGRAM RIGHT FROM YOUR WHEELCHAIR!
Stony Brook’s custom-designed 40-foot van offers state-of-the-art digital 3D mammograms.
Screenings are performed by NYS-registered radiologic technologists with advanced training in mammography.
The van has a comfortable waiting area, private dressing room and a complete exam room.
Stony Brook Medicine’s Department of Radiology is accredited by the American College of Radiology and the US Food and Drug Administration.
Mammography images are read by board-certified radiologists at Stony Brook.
Where: Island Trees Public Library
38 Farm Edge Road
Levittown, NY 11756
When: Saturday, November 6, 2021 — by appointment only
To schedule an appointment: (631) 638-4135
On the day of your appointment:
- Please do not wear deodorant, perfume, powders or creams on the breast area.
- Please bring your photo ID and insurance card, if insured.
- Must be female and 40 years of age or older
- No mammograms in the past year
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding
- No implant or breast issues, such as lump or nipple discharge
- Never diagnosed with breast cancer
- Office visit within the last year with a gynecologist, primary care physician or internist who is willing to accept the results of the screening
NOTE: Individuals who do not have health insurance will be processed through the Cancer Services Program of New York, if eligible.
For questions, contact Therése Brzezinski: email@example.com ║516-796-0144
Long Island Center for Independent Living, Inc.
3601 Hempstead Turnpike, Suite 208 & 500
Levittown, NY 11756
The Long Island Center for Independent Living, Inc.
is a non-for-profit organization established in 1980.
TEL: 516-796-0144 En Español: 516-796-6176
TTY: 516-796-0135 Fax: 516-796-0529 / 516-520-1247
COPYRIGHT 2023, Long Island Center for Independent Living, Inc.