ACCESSIBLE Mobile Mammography Van for Breast Cancer Screenings Coming to the Long Island Center for Independent Living, Inc. (LICIL)!
GET A MAMMOGRAM RIGHT FROM YOUR WHEELCHAIR!
The custom-designed 40-foot van offers state-of-the-art digital 3D mammograms.
Screenings are performed by NYS-registered radiologic technologists with advanced training in mammography.
The van has a comfortable waiting area, private dressing room and a complete exam room.
Stony Brook Medicine’s Department of Radiology is accredited by the American College of Radiology and the US Food and Drug Administration.
Mammography images are read by board-certified radiologists at Stony Brook.
Where: Long Island Center for Independent Living, Inc. (LICIL)
(Main Parking lot)
3601 Hempstead Turnpike
Levittown, NY 11756
When: Saturday, November 6, 2021
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To schedule an appointment:
On the day of your appointment:
- Please do not wear deodorant, perfume, powders or creams on the breast area.
- Please bring your photo ID and insurance card, if insured.
- Must be female and 40 years of age or older
- No mammograms in the past year
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding
- No implant or breast issues, such as lump or nipple discharge
- Never diagnosed with breast cancer
- Office visit within the last year with a gynecologist, primary care physician or internist who is willing to accept the results of the screening
NOTE: Individuals who do not have health insurance will be processed through the Cancer Services Program of New York, if eligible.
This project is supported with funds from Health Research, Inc. and the New York State Department of Health.
For questions about LICIL’s November 6th event, contact Therése Brzezinski: email@example.com ║516-796-0144